Sunday, July 25, 2010

Upcoming Book Club Picks

The next three book club books have been chosen!

Beth picked a collection of short stories called Willful Creatures by Aimee Bender for August. I just finished the book and am looking forward to the discussion. The stories included dark, twisted and sad, beautiful modern fairy tales. I found them all very polarizing. It varied by story, but I either loved them or hated them.

Next up, Jamie selected Little Bee by Chris Cleave and for October, Emily has picked Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. Both of these novels are en route to my house now, thanks to Amazon Prime. I can't wait for the package to arrive! I move this week, so some new literary friends to join me at my new digs are exactly what I need to feel right at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment