Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Impatient? Me?

So, yet again, I finished the book club book more than a month ahead of schedule. I just can't help myself when the box arrives from Amazon. It's like Christmas!

I finished Zeitoun about a week ago and I cannot wait to talk about it with the club. It is unlike any of the other books we have read in that it is non-fiction. It is about the Zeitoun family and their lives in New Orleans around the time of Hurricane Katrina. It is still written like a novel, but the characters and the events are real. While reading it, I actually preferred to pretend it was fictionalized because some of the things that happened to the family are terrible, and I just wanted them to not be true.

I'm itching for anyone else to finish this book so we can cheat and talk about it before the meeting at the end of May. But I guess in the mean time I should get started on the ever-growing stack of books on my night stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment