Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Deadlocked... no, really

The latest book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, Deadlocked, is very aptly named as I find myself in a virtual deadlock with the series. While Charlaine Harris' world of "supes" and lusty vampires enticed me for at least seven or eight novels, I'm just over it now. The last two books have lacked any sort of cohesive story line or plot, and I feel like instead I am just "checking in" with all of the characters down in Bon Temps.



So, why am I in a deadlock? I need this series to end; I'm waiting for it to tidily wrap itself up so I don't have to read it anymore. As I have explained in this blog before, I am somehow incapable of quitting a book. I will stop reading it, sure, but I won't ever admit that I'm done, and will keep the never-ender on my bedside table, taunting me every night when I get in to bed and yet again choose something else to read. Well, as it turns out, I am also incapable of quitting series.

So, Ms. Harris, please quit writing these books because I can't quit you! Oh, and p.s., please do not have Sookie end up with Sam because the Sam portrayed on True Blood has ruined his character in the books for me. Okaythankssssss. And while I am on the subject of True Blood... what the heck is going on in this season? Have we abandoned all worthwhile story lines from the books? I'm just not happy with the state of vampire affairs right now, obviously. I just want Eric to wear blue sweaters (see below) and be in love with Sookie. Is that so much to ask?

you are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment