Thursday, June 17, 2010

First book!



I was in charge of selecting the book for the first meeting of Eat, Drink, and Be Literary. I agonized for days over this decision. Do I pick something I have read already and loved and risk the possibility of everyone else hating it? Do I blindly pick something I haven't read and risk the possibility of it being terrible and nobody returning to book club? Do I choose a novel? Non fiction? A memoir?

Finally, I consulted a glass (or three) of wine and a good friend and I selected The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. It is a story told from the point of view of the family dog, Enzo. I read the book in three sittings, and cried at least once each time. Overall, I think my pick was a success, but that might just be the wine talking. The first meeting is next Thursday so I guess I will find out for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment